Wednesday 26 June 2013

My home garden, a colourful venue

 

2013-06-24 Garden 002It is always with great joy, that I go walkabout and take some pictures of everything that is beautiful in nature. This whole weblog is hopefully prove that I have been able, so far, to succeed in that quest. But browsing through my archive I realised that there is quite some beauty in my own garden as well. And even this year only, whilst the nice weather is still to arrive, there have been some interesting and unforgettable moments that I would like to share with you.

Whether it is the Eurasian Jay that I was finally able to take a picture of, or the unexpected brown frog that almost jumped away before I could fetch my camera, or the incidental butterfly, there is indeed still some life in my garden. But why stop there, when there are beautiful colours to be immortalised through the lens? 2013-06-24 Garden 012

I will start off with the freshly planted Osteospermum Passion Mix. As little as they are, the colours and the structure are mesmerizing. Especially their very dark purple harts, make this flower a delight to watch.

 

But since I am on a roll to show off my garden colours, how about my roses? As always, my very large yellow rose blooms first and the amount of rosebuds already counted, promises a sea of colour again this year.

2013-06-16 Garden 002 2013-06-24 Garden 001

I got an Old Port rose as a present. I had to dig a big hole to plant the rose, but I had to negotiate a lot of old roots. The result is hopefully worth the effort; The rose hasn’t bloomed just yet, but the bud looks very promising. Actually, I can’t wait.

2013-06-24 Garden 006

 

2013-06-24 Garden 003So far, I have showed red, white and yellow..and a little bit of dark purple. Let’s show some more purple colours. What about this simple Chive (left), that is actually a herb to put in your food. But the flower is surprisingly beautiful. I found this between some weed that I had to clear.2013-06-24 Garden 008

But the very colourful Macrophylla (right) is also a must in your garden. Anyway it is in mine. Again, just recently received as a present but I am very pleased with it. The petals have this typically combination of groups of five.

 

2013-06-16 Garden 005And then there is the very radiant Dahlia (left again).

In this case we have an orange variant, but they come in many colours.

To finish this blog, I will show my visitors. they are the Eurasian Jay (Garullus Glandarius), The Comma Butterfly (Polygonia C-Album) and a simple brown frog.

Whilst there is so much to be seen in nature, it is always good to start close to home, in your own garden. I just did that and I hope the result inspires you to look for beauty at home.

 

 

2013-04-21 Garden 002

 

2013-05-12 Garden 002

 

2013-06-16 Garden 001

No comments:

Post a Comment